I’ve been called a crazy cat lady for most of my adult life. I only have three cats, the most I have ever had, but I will argue to the death over things cat related. For example, I hate when people leave their cats outside. There are just too many ways that they can be hurt or killed. People offer excuses like, “He wants to go outside.” I reply with things like “My son wants to hang out with large busted blonde women, but I don’t drop him off at the strip club with a wad of ones.”
So, the more I learn about cats, the more I realize that I am not a crazy cat lady. Instead, I AM a cat. Seriously, I have oodles in common with cats, like:
- I like to keep my fur (hair) just so.
- I enjoy a good sunny spot.
- I loathe loud noises and hyper children.
- The doorbell frightens me.
- I’m not the biggest fan of other cats (people).
- I claim pieces of furniture.
- I like to eat several times during the day.
- I like to sit and stare at others.
- I see little reason for leaving the house on most days.
- I don’t like water for recreational purposes.
- I think dogs are loud and annoying.
- I like to cuddle with my special people.
- I have very few special people.
- I am an excellent judge of character and am usually “right” when I say someone is a bad seed. Count on it.
- Traveling makes me nervous and requires medication.